FEMA announced a new on-line course, “Damage Assessment Operations Training” IS-1160. Many CERTs are involved with their local OEMs in providing damage assessment as part of their regular mission. Even those who aren’t may benefit from the knowledge provided in this course.
This course will equip participants to conduct damage assessment in accordance with the Damage Assessment Operations Manual: A Guide to Assessing Damage and Impact.
– Describe the relationship between damage assessment and Federal disaster assistance
– Describe roles, responsibilities, and activities during each phase of the damage assessment
– Prepare to conduct damage assessment
– Conduct damage assessment for Individual Assistance (IA) and Public Assistance (PA)
– Evaluate damage and impact to the community
The estimated study time for this course is 8 hours. A FEMA Student ID is required for this course.