The Sterling Virginia office of the National Weather Service (NWS) will be holding an open hose Saturday, April 30 and Sunday May 1. This will be an opportunity to see the operations of the local NWS office.
– Learn how Warnings & Forecasts are Made
– Hourly Weather Balloon Launch
-Child Friendly Weather Experiments
– Tours of the NWS office (an exceptional opportunity since this is usually secured)
– Learn about setting up your own Weather Station
– Various presentations on weather threats
– BASIC Skywarn Spotter class will be offered
AND MUCH MORE …..
Visit http://www.weather.gov/lwx/openhouse to learn more