Prince George’s County Office of Homeland Security, Office of Emergency Management has announced three upcoming Basic Community Emergency Response Team training classes. The text of the announcement is posted below:
Basic Community Emergency Response Training
CERT personnel train to prepare for disasters or an overwhelming event by identifying and mitigating potential hazards in the home, school and workplace. CERT personnel initiate plans to prepare themselves, their loved ones, neighbors or fellow employees and classmans until professional response resources arrive.
CERTs learn to:
– Locate and turn off utilities
- Extinguish small fires
- Triage and treat victims
- Understand the psychological impact of a disaster on themselves and others
All citizens that worship, live, work, or play in Prince George’s County
Parking, breakfast, and lunch are free; more information will be given later. Please register as soon as possible.
Multiple training opportunities are available; please choose the date or the class that fits your schedule.
- Prince George’s County Basic CERT Training Class #001 – this is an Adult only class
Feb/6-7/2016 – https://princegeorgesbasiccerttrngclass001.eventbrite.com
- G.Cand I.A.C.L Basic CERT Training #002- This is an all Spanish Class only.
- Prince George’s County Basic Teen CERT Training Class #003
Jun/4-5/2016 – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/prince-georges-county-basic-teen-cert-training-class-003- tickets-19673926243
Please direct questions/comments: firstname.lastname@example.org 240-786-8714