Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:
Saturday, June 18, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (EDT)
5700 Berwyn Road
Berwyn Heights, MD 20740
This 4-hour classroom course gives orientation to the following:
- Overview of railroad operations in general; passenger train operations in particular
- Passenger car construction
- Passenger evacuation
- Forcible entry & extrication
- Locomotive propulsion systems
- Train crew orientation
- Hazards: electrical & pneumatic and others
- On-board emergency equipment
- Location & use of emergency exit windows & doors
- Search & rescue and fire suppression
- Typical train consists and passenger loads
- Hazardous materials
Clinton CERT is once again hosting a Functional Exercise, CERTEX PGC 2016 FE. This year’s exercise will be held at:
Clinton Baptist Church
8701 Woodyard Road
Clinton, MD 20735
June 25, 2016
7am – 100pm.
Clinton CERT is looking for CERT responders, controllers, evaluators, site-support, and victim-actors to play injured people at a mass casualty exercise. (Victim-actors should wear clothes they do not mind getting very dirty and they also have the opportunity to have disaster make-up (moulage) applied by professional moulage artists for the event.) They are especially in need of moulage appliers. Prince George’s County needs you to make this event a success.
Please register on Eventbrite, at: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/certex-pgc-2016-fe-exercise if you would like to assist the county with disaster preparedness.
Feel free to share this information with family, friends, and coworkers. Continental Breakfast and Lunch provided – FREE!!!
Point of Contact: Paula M. Hughes
President, CERT of Clinton, MD